Lake Murray Baptist Kindergarten is currently accepting resumes for the following position:
Submit resume and cover letter to
Place position title in the subject line.
5K Lead Teacher
The 5K Lead Teacher is responsible for providing a safe and developmentally appropriate kindergarten program in accordance with all relevant legislation, policies and procedures.
- A strong, clear Christian testimony with a mature and godly spirit
- A daily example of the highest Christian virtue both in and out of school
- Commitment to faithful attendance and support of a church whose beliefs are in agreement with the Statement of Faith
- High school diploma, college degree in early childhood is preferred
- Teaching experience in an early childhood setting
- Loving and kind demeanor with children
- Strong and positive classroom management
- Strong communication skills with assistant, children, and parents
- Organizational skills
- Knowledgeable of relevant legislation, policies and procedures to ensure that children are supervised and safe at all times.
- 15 hours of DSS approved training each year.
- Training in first aid and CPR may be required.
- Early childhood teaching certification is preferred
- Planning lessons and implementing activities to meet the physical, emotional, intellectual and social needs of the children in the class.
- Implementing Abeka curriculum and using the SC College and Career Ready Standards of learning as a guide.
- Provide daily biblical teachings through Bible stories, verses, songs and prayer.
- Help ensure equipment and the facility are clean, well maintained and safe at all times.
- Establishing routines and procedures including acceptable disciplinary policies to be used within the classroom that is in line with LMBK program procedures
- Be familiar with all emergency procedures.
- Communicate with parents/families weekly and in a positive manner