There are many ways you can serve with children at LMBC! Our Children's Ministry Team consists of several positions that meet different levels of availability and teaching requirements:
Those interested in joining our Children’s Ministry Team should complete the volunteer application and background check form, and return them to the Director of Children's Ministries by emailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org or by bringing them to the front desk of the children's building during church hours. The application must be reviewed (including checking references) and approved by an appropriate pastor or ministry director. Once approved, the Director of Children’s Ministries will contact the applicant to discuss assignment preferences and scheduling. Once added to the roster, the volunteer should be ready to comply with all expectations for their role on the Children’s Ministry Team as listed in the Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Sunday School Teacher: serves weekly in a class (infant through 5th grade) by preparing and presenting an age-appropriate lesson and corresponding activities as listed in the curriculum's teacher guide.
- Sunday School Assistant: serves weekly alongside a lead teacher, helping with classroom management, hands-on activities, snacks, etc.
- Kids' Worship Team Member: serves once every 5-6 weeks during the 10:30 worship service with a class (infant through 4 years old), engaging with children in free play, taking them to the playground, etc.
- AWANA Team Member: serves on Wednesday evenings, guiding classes between game time, large group time, and helping facilitate small group time (2 years old through 5th grade).
- Special Needs Shadow: serves on a rotation alongside a child with special needs, helping them complete developmentally appropriate tasks in their Sunday School, Kids' Worship, or AWANA class and providing breaks as needed.
- Special Event Childcare: serves occasionally throughout the year with ages infant through 4 years old during special events such as communion services or volunteer meetings.