There are many ways you can serve with children at LMBC! Our Children's Ministry Team consists of several positions that meet different levels of availability and teaching requirements:
Those interested in joining our Children’s Ministry Team should complete the volunteer application and return it to the Director of Children's Ministry by emailing it to email@example.com or by bringing it to the front desk of the children's building during church hours. The application must be reviewed (including checking references and a background check) and approved by an appropriate pastor or ministry director. Once approved, the Director of Children’s Ministry will contact the applicant to discuss assignment preferences and scheduling. Once added to the roster, the volunteer should be ready to comply with all expectations for their role on the Children’s Ministry Team as listed in the Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Connect Group Leader: serves weekly in a class (infant through 6th grade) by preparing and presenting an age-appropriate lesson and corresponding activities as listed in the curriculum's teacher guide.
- Connect Group Assistant: serves weekly alongside a lead teacher, helping with classroom management, hands-on activities, snacks, etc.
- Kids' Worship Team Member: serves once every 5-6 weeks during the 10:30 worship service with a class (infant through 4 years old), engaging with children in free play, taking them to the playground, etc.
- Lake Murray Kids Team Member: serves on Wednesday evenings, guiding classes between game time, large group time, and helping facilitate small group time (2 years old through 6th grade).
- Special Needs Shadow: serves on a rotation alongside a child with special needs, helping them complete developmentally appropriate tasks in their Connect Groups, Kids' Worship, or Lake Murray Kids class and providing breaks as needed.
- Special Event Childcare: serves occasionally throughout the year with ages infant through 4 years old during special events such as communion services or volunteer meetings.